HAVE A FAB-ZOO-LOUS BIRTHDAY PARTY
Your birthday child will have a wild time at a Zoo birthday party. Parties are held year-round on Saturdays and Sundays at several pre-set times (depending on the season). Reservations are required and are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
BOOK YOUR PARTY TODAY!
Reservations are required and are taken on a first-come, first-serve basis. To book an unforgettable birthday party call 757.441.2374 ext. 262 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your chosen day and time using a credit card. Any remaining balance is due 10 days before your party. Payments made with cash or check are required to be paid in full at the time of booking.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS
Party cancellations must be received at least ten (10) consecutive days before the party date to receive a partial refund of 50%. No refunds will be given for a party canceled less than ten (10) consecutive days before the reserved date. Any changes or additions to the party must be made at least ten (10) consecutive days before the reservation date.
2023 BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGES
BIRTHDAY PACKAGE, $400
All parties are hosted by an experienced Virginia Zoo Birthday Party Host in a lightly decorated, designated party space. Birthdays include:
- 90 minutes of party time
- 2 Animal Ambassadors*
- Private Party Space
- Light Zoo-Themed Decorations
- Digital Invitations
- Birthday Button for the Birthday Child
- All-day admission to the Zoo for up to 20 people
- Games, toys, and activities to keep everyone entertained
- Present for the Birthday Child (Virginia Zoo members-only perk)
- Water, lemonade, table covers, & paper products
* Ambassadors are generally small enough to be held in hand (such as tortoises, lizards, and invertebrates). The presentation lasts 15-20 minutes and begins 10 minutes after the start of your party. The ambassadors participating in the animal presentation will be chosen by staff at the Virginia Zoo. Ambassadors will be selected for your party based on animal health, safety, and availability. Please bear in mind that the opportunity to touch any or all ambassadors is never guaranteed.
All items are a la carte and are subject to availability and current regulations:
- Additional admissions
- During the partial closure of Asia: Trail of the Tiger, additional birthday guest admissions will be $9.95.
- Children under 2 are FREE, and up to 25 extra admissions are available for a maximum of 45 guests.
- Favors/Gift Bags $6 each (may contain small items)
ZOODOPTION GIFT, $115
(This is not a stand-alone party package.) For those kids who were born to be wild, give them a special birthday gift with the Zoodoption Party Package. Choose between five of our most popular Zoodoption packages and receive:
- A plush of your animal
- 4”x6” photo of your animal with a
- Virginia Zoo magnetic frame
- Zoo-themed coloring page(s) for all kids at the party
- Keeper notes about your animal
- Happy Birthday Zoodoption certificate
- Name recognition on the Zoo Parent sign and in Zoo Review quarterly magazine
- Invitation to annual Zoo Parent Event for the Zoo Parent and one guest
- 16” Pizza (pepperoni or cheese), $22
- 12 slices
- Chicken nugget tray, $30
- Snack Bowls, $6, each
- Choice of popcorn, chips, or pretzels.
- Fruit platter, $35
- Pitcher of soda, $5
- Continental Breakfast- Assorted fruit, muffins, danishes, bagels with spreads, butter, coffee, apple juice, etc., $65 (items may contain nuts)
- Deli Board, $65
- Includes lunch meat, cheese, bread or rolls, and condiments
- Hot dogs, buns, condiments, $40
- Mac and cheese, $40
- Serves 30
- Coffee (serves 12) – Comes with Cups, Lids, Cup Sleeves, Stirring Straws, Sugar, Splenda, Sweet & Low, and Half & Half. $25
- Hot Chocolate (Serves 12)- Comes with Cups, Lids, & Cup Sleeves. $20
Please note: For the safety of our animals, balloons, balls, straws, confetti, any inflatables and piñatas are not allowed on Zoo Grounds at any time. Small toys or items that could be considered a choking hazard for a child are also considered a choking hazard for our animals, and staff recommends to keeping those items in your car during your visit to the Zoo.