Open Daily from 9:30 am – 4 pm, except major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day)
EFFECTIVE 2/1/2022: Guests no longer need to make advance reservations or have a timed entry. The Zoo originally required advance reservations after opening its doors from the three-month closure due to Covid-19. During its quietest time of the year, the decision was made to slowly ease back into the walk-up ticket purchases, although visitors can still purchase tickets in advance online for speedy entry. Tickets purchased online will be valid for the date purchased only and can be used anytime starting at 9:30 am until 3 pm when the entry gates close. Advance reservations and timed ticketing for everyone, including Zoo members, may be used in the future during high traffic times or events like spring break, or the popular annual event, ZooBoo.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome service animals, per the ADA guidelines.
- No outside pets allowed.
- Some discounts on admissions cannot be honored at this time.
- Adults (ages 12+) $17.95
- Seniors (ages 62+) $15.95
- Children (ages 2-11) $14.95
- Children under 2
- Virginia Zoo Members
- Individuals with ADA-Recognized Disability and One Companion can receive free admission upon request. Advance reservation by phone is no longer available and walk-up entry is permitted for this discount only. Any additional paid tickets cannot be purchased onsite and must be reserved in advance online.
Please bring a valid photo ID or proof of eligibility upon arrival. If proof of discount qualification is not provided, you will be charged the cost to upgrade to a Full Price General Admission ticket.
- AZA Reciprocal memberships: 50% off admission
- Zoo Member Guests*$2 off admission
- Military* $2 off admission
- First Responder*$2 off admission
- Norfolk Residents* $2 off admission
- All College and University Students** $9.95 admission
- Norfolk PowerUp! Program *$4.95 admission