As of January 2, 2021
Open Daily from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, except major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
Tickets and reservations are now available and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance for a specific entry time slot – this even applies to Zoo Members. Reservations are available beginning at 9:30 am with the last reservation at 2:30 pm.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome service animals, per the ADA guidelines.
- No outside pets allowed.
- Some discounts on admissions cannot be honored at this time.
- Adults (ages 12+) $17.95
- Seniors (ages 62+) $15.95
- Children (ages 2-11) $14.95
Virginia Zoo Members must reserve their entry time in advance.
- Children under 2
- Virginia Zoo Members
- Individuals with ADA-Recognized Disability and One Companion can receive free admission upon request. NEW! Advance reservation by phone is no longer available and walk-up entry is permitted for this discount only. Any additional paid tickets cannot be purchased onsite and must be reserved in advance online.
Due to limited visitor capacity and advanced ticket sales only, the following discounts are temporarily not available:
- Reciprocal memberships
- First Responder and AAA Members* $2 off admission
- Norfolk residents* $2 off admission
- All College and University Students** $10 admission
Norfolk Powerup! Program
NEW SAFETY PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING:
All visitors and staff ages 5 and up are required to wear face masks:
- Upon entry
- When indoors
- When within 6 feet of others not in your group
- In designated “Mask Zones.” Look for these orange signs throughout the Zoo
Masks are recommended on all Trails as there are narrow pathways and close quarters. Please remember to maintain a safe distance from others not in your group at all times.
- World of Reptiles
- Australia Walkabout
- Water Plaza
- Keeper Chats, ZooLive! Stage presentations and other animal programs are currently unavailable.
The Membership Office is open with limited hours.
The Zoo Train is open daily. Please check with the Ticket Booth Attendant for train hours and operations.
- Masks are required for all riders ages 5 and up.
- One bench is required to be left empty between parties.
The train will close for inclement weather and extreme temperatures.
The African Village Cafe is open daily.
The Zoo Gift Shop is open. Visitors are required to wear masks while in the Gift Shop. Strollers, electric carts and wheelchairs are available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals, the Virginia Zoo is following these procedures until further notice:
- A limited number of entries allowed per day at timed intervals
- No-contact entry with online, advanced reservations
- Sanitizer stations located throughout the park, including food locations
- Increased cleaning procedures
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more details.