Open Daily from 10 am – 4 pm, except major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
Tickets and reservations are now available and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance for a specific entry time slot – this even applies to Zoo Members. Reservations are available beginning at 10 am with the last reservation at 2 pm.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome service animals, per the ADA guidelines.
- No outside pets allowed.
- Some discounts on admissions cannot be honored at this time.
- Adults (ages 12+) $17.95
- Seniors (ages 62+) $15.95
- Children (ages 2-11) $14.95
Virginia Zoo Members must reserve their entry time in advance.
- Children under 2
- Virginia Zoo Members
- Individuals with ADA-Recognized Disability and One Companion can receive free admission upon request. Advance reservation by phone is no longer available and walk-up entry is permitted for this discount only. Any additional paid tickets cannot be purchased onsite and must be reserved in advance online.
Please bring a valid photo ID or proof of eligibility upon arrival. If proof of discount qualification is not provided, you will be charged the cost to upgrade to a Full Price General Admission ticket.
- AZA Reciprocal memberships: 50% off admission
- Zoo Member Guests*$2 off admission
- Military* $2 off admission
- First Responder*$2 off admission
- Norfolk Residents* $2 off admission
- All College and University Students** $9.95 admission
- Norfolk PowerUp! Program *$4.95 admission
SAFETY PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING:
- As of January 5, 2022, in accordance to the mandate set by the city of Norfolk, masks are required to be worn by those ages 5 and up in all city buildings, which includes the following locations at the Virginia Zoo:
- Gift Shop
- Zoo Train (in line and on the train): Physical distance cannot be maintained
- World of Reptiles
- Membership Office
- Refusal to wear a mask at the specified locations can be grounds for dismissal from the park.
PROGRAMS, TOURS, ETC.
- Some programs will require masks. Participants will be notified at the time of registration and that information will be clearly available on our website.
- Masks are required for staff and participants in education programs that include children under 12 (in accordance with the governor’s guidelines for schools).
- Masks are required for everyone on indoor behind-the-scenes tours, regardless of vaccination status.
- Keeper Chats, ZooLive! Stage presentations and other animal programs are currently unavailable.
- The World of Reptiles is open, but may be closed at various times due to ongoing construction. Please call or email to confirm if this exhibit space is open to the public. Masks are required inside the building.
WHAT IS OPEN:
- Membership Office, the Gift Shop, and the Zoo Train (weather depending)
- Dining: The African Village Cafe is open daily. The Beastro is open on the weekends.
- Play areas: Run Wild: Nature Discovery Zone, the Enrichment Playground, and Snavely
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals, the Virginia Zoo is following these procedures until further notice:
- A limited number of entries allowed per day at timed intervals
- No-contact entry with online, advanced reservations
- Sanitizer stations located throughout the park, including food locations
- Increased cleaning procedures
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more details.