As of January 2, 2021
Open Daily from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, except major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
Tickets and reservations are now available and can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance for a specific entry time slot – this even applies to Zoo Members. Reservations are available beginning at 9:30 am with the last reservation at 2:30 pm.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- We welcome service animals, per the ADA guidelines.
- No outside pets allowed.
- Some discounts on admissions cannot be honored at this time.
- Adults (ages 12+) $17.95
- Seniors (ages 62+) $15.95
- Children (ages 2-11) $14.95
Virginia Zoo Members must reserve their entry time in advance.
- Children under 2
- Virginia Zoo Members
- Individuals with ADA-Recognized Disability and One Companion can receive free admission upon request. NEW! Advance reservation by phone is no longer available and walk-up entry is permitted for this discount only. Any additional paid tickets cannot be purchased onsite and must be reserved in advance online.
- NEW! AZA Reciprocal memberships: Advance reservations are available here. Please also bring your participating AZA organization member card and matching photo ID with you upon arrival. If proof of active membership is not provided, you will be charged the cost to upgrade to a Full Price General Admission ticket.
Due to limited visitor capacity and advanced ticket sales only, the following discounts are temporarily not available:
- First Responder and AAA Members* $2 off admission
- Norfolk residents* $2 off admission
- All College and University Students** $10 admission
Norfolk Powerup! Program
SAFETY PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING:
- Based on the recently announced guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Virginia Zoo is modifying its policy regarding masks. Masks will no longer be required for guests at the Virginia Zoo who are fully vaccinated in accordance with the CDC guideline. This includes outdoor and indoor locations, where masks were previously required.
- You may still see signs referring to mandatory mask zones. While masks are no longer mandatory, we are still encouraging masks in these areas due to tight quarters or indoor spaces. Updated signs are forthcoming.
PROGRAMS, TOURS, ETC.
- Some programs will require masks. Participants will be notified at the time of registration and that information will be clearly available on our website.
- Masks are required for staff and participants in education programs that include children under 12 (in accordance with the governor’s guidelines for schools).
- Masks are required for everyone on indoor behind-the-scenes tours, regardless of vaccination status.
- Keeper Chats, ZooLive! Stage presentations and other animal programs are currently unavailable.
- The World of Reptiles is temporarily open, but may be closed at various times due to ongoing construction. Please call or email to confirm if this exhibit space is open to the public.
WHAT IS OPEN:
- Membership Office, the Gift Shop, Stroller Shack and the Zoo Train
- Dining: The African Village Cafe, Dippin Dots and Snack Shack is open daily. The Beastro is open on the weekends.
- Play areas: Run Wild: Nature Discovery Zone, the Enrichment Playground, Snavely and the Plaza Fountains
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals, the Virginia Zoo is following these procedures until further notice:
- A limited number of entries allowed per day at timed intervals
- No-contact entry with online, advanced reservations
- Sanitizer stations located throughout the park, including food locations
- Increased cleaning procedures
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more details.