The Zoo is now paperless! Download the map to print here or download our app and carry the Zoo everywhere you go!
3500 Granby Street
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
(Adjacent to Lafayette Park)
The Virginia Zoo is located at 3500 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23504, just two miles from Downtown Norfolk, a short 25-minute drive from the Virginia Beach Oceanfront and easily accessed from Interstate 64.
Visit by bus! The Zoo is on the Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) Bus Route #1. The bus stops at Lafayette Park, within walking distance of the Zoo.
Coming from ODU?
Take the HRT Bus Route #4 to the Transit Center, then take the HRT Bus Route #1.
Cycling to the Zoo? You can ride your own bike or rent one from Pace (find a location near you). Bike racks are located outside the Zoo’s Ticket Booth.
Over 700 parking spaces for your convenience.
The Virginia Zoo has its very own Virginia Zoo App!
The app eases the process of planning any visit to the Zoo:
We encourage you to share your experience at the Zoo with the help of the app by using #VirginiaZoo!
- Want to buy tickets for a day, get a membership for a year, or purchase a ticket for a special event? The app can help you do just that!
- Need directions to the Zoo? The app has step-by-step details on how to get you here!
- Can’t remember where to find the Sun bears? A virtual map of the zoo will help you locate your favorite animal’s exhibit!
- Have a question that you can’t find the answer for? Check the FAQ, and if you still need assistance, the Zoo’s contact information is conveniently located within the app!
- Do you want to check in on us? Use the app for access to our social media sites and to read our award-winning blogs!
- Do you enjoy staying up to date with Zoo happenings? Subscribe to receive notifications for access to fun activity sheets, discounts on Zoocentric items and events, and to be among the first to know about top Zoo news.