Guests no longer need to make advance reservations or have a timed entry EXCEPT for April 9 – 24, 2022 in which all Zoo visitors, including members will be required to purchase tickets in advance. Tickets purchased online will be valid for the date purchased only and can be used anytime starting at 9:30 am until 3 pm when the entry gates close. The Zoo closes at 4 pm.
DAYS TIMED-TICKETING IS REQUIRED
Advance reservations and timed ticketing for everyone, including Zoo members, will be used in the future during high traffic times or events:
- Spring Break: April 9-24, 2022
- ZooBoo: October 22 + 23, 2022 tickets on sale in September
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS
- Adults (ages 12+) $17.95
- Children (ages 2-11) $14.95
- Seniors (ages 62+) $15.95
Members are no longer required to reserve a timed ticket. Members can arrive at the Ticket Booth and show their Membership Card for admission.
Walkups accepted, except for specific timed reservation days.
- Children under 2
- Virginia Zoo Members
- Individuals with ADA-Recognized Disability and One Companion can receive free admission upon request. Advance reservation by phone is no longer available and walk-up entry is permitted for this discount only.
Please bring a valid photo ID or proof of eligibility upon arrival. If proof of discount qualification is not provided, you will be charged the cost to upgrade to a Full Price General Admission ticket.
- AZA Reciprocal memberships: 50% off admission
- Zoo Member Guests*$2 off admission
- Military* $2 off admission
- First Responder*$2 off admission
- Norfolk Residents* $2 off admission
- All College and University Students** $9.95 admission
- Norfolk PowerUp! Program *$4.95 admission
Groups of 20 or more paying guests (non-school) can receive a discount off the price of admission. Please note that all group tickets must be purchased in a single transaction.
Tickets are nonrefundable. The group discount cannot be combined with any other discount or used for special events tickets.
Parking is free and designated bus parking is available.
School groups interested in bringing a school group to the Zoo for a field trip, but are looking to guide your class through the Zoo independently, visit https://virginiazoo.org/school-programs/school-group/.
REFUNDS / RAINCHECKS
Most of our facilities are outside. Due to weather conditions, some animals may not be visible or on exhibit. We do not offer refunds or rainchecks.
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING:
PROGRAMS, TOURS, ETC.
- Some programs will require masks. Participants will be notified at the time of registration and that information will be clearly available on our website.
- Masks may be required for staff and participants in education programs that include children under 12 (in accordance with the governor’s guidelines for schools).
- Masks may be required for everyone on indoor behind-the-scenes tours, regardless of vaccination status.
- Keeper Chats, ZooLive! Stage presentations and other animal programs are currently unavailable.
- Some animal exhibits may be closed due to construction or other factors. Several birds may be off-exhibit to protect against Avian Influenza.
WHAT IS OPEN:
- Membership Office, the Gift Shop, Stroller Shack and the Zoo Train
- Dining: The African Village Cafe is open daily. The Beastro is closed for the season.
- Play areas: Run Wild: Nature Discovery Zone, the Enrichment Playground, Snavely and the Plaza Fountains
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more details.