7 Things We Are Thankful For
We would like to celebrate this Thanksgiving by sending gratitude to the amazing animals and people who make the Zoo such a wonderful place to visit. Here are 7 things we are thankful for this holiday season.
1. The animals. The animals here at the Zoo are simply so magnificent. They provide conservation education to improve the lives of all species worldwide.
2. Donors. We are so grateful for our donors who provide gifts that enrich both the lives of the animals here at the Zoo and their species around the world. These donations inspire conservation action and have a lasting impact on the thousands of families and school children that visit annually.
3. Members. Our member’s adventurous desire and dedication to visit the Zoo time and time again inspires us to continue improving our Zoo. Memberships provide revenue we can depend on throughout the year, supporting our animal care and conservation efforts. We thank each and every member for their renewed support year after year.
4. Zookeepers and veterinary staff. Our animal care staff works odd hours, innovates ways to enrich the animal’s lives and possesses a passion for animal care that is truly unmatched. We thank them for their time and dedication to all inhabitants.
5. All Zoo staff. From keeping our horticulture exquisite, ensuring the Zoo is kept safe, educating our groups, and even greeting every visitor with a smile – every single staff member contributes to making the Zoo a brilliant place to visit.
6. Volunteers. Our volunteers are a world class group of dedicated community members, each possessing a unique desire to share the natural world with our visitors. They commit their time and passion and we thank them for all they do.
7. You. Each and every person that interacts with the Zoo – from sharing special days such as weddings, events or birthdays with us, attending an educational camp, or visiting us anytime during the year, you are the reason we open our doors each day. We are proud and delighted to help make memories that last a lifetime.