October 24, 2020
October 24, 2020 - October 25, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Virginia Zoo
Attention sunday zooboo ticket holders:
Due to the rain in the forecast for this afternoon, we are allowing 3 pm ticket holders to enter earlier. Tickets will now be scannable starting at 1 pm to help you avoid the rain. You may enter any time between 1 and 3 pm. ZooBoo will now close for the day at 4 pm, which is an hour earlier than originally advertised.
You will not receive new tickets. Once you are at the Ticket Booths, hold either your paper tickets or your mobile phone up to the glass (make sure the brightness on your phone is turned all the way up). We will scan your tickets through the glass. If you are a Zoo Member, we ask you bring your member card and a photo ID with you. We can scan the barcode on your membership card, even if the date shows it is expired.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 757-441-2374, ext. 0.
ZooBoo is Coming!
This Halloween tradition can’t be stopped – but it can look a little different. With visitor safety as our first priority, ZooBoo will provide a socially distanced and safe environment for all ages to enjoy the spirited holiday featuring several activities:
- Pre-packaged candy bags for all children (ages 2-12)
- Halloween Scene Photo opps
- Virtual Costume Contest with prizes
- Interactive, contactless activities
- Pop-up animal appearances
- Pumpkin enrichment on exhibit
- Pick-your-own mini pumpkin patch – while supplies last!
- Please note, animal appearances and pumpkin enrichment schedules will not be published this year. No matter the time of your reservation, activities will be taking place consistently throughout the day.
Gift Shop, Restaurant, Beastro open
Train rides, $2 per person
Dates: Saturday, October 24 and Sunday, October 25
Time: 9 am to 5 pm (last entry at 3 pm)
- Virginia Zoo Members: $6,
- Non-Members: $18 (under 2 is free)
How we plan to keep you safe:
Advanced reservations and timed ticketing will be required to discourage lines and gatherings. Social distance markers and high contact signage will encourage physical distancing, while masks or face coverings will be required by all guests when entering the Zoo, and within six feet of other groups or Zoo staff. Sanitizing protocols have been increased and include high-touch areas throughout the park.
Please note: ZooBoo is rain or shine. Only ZooBoo tickets and passes will be accepted; no other tickets, coupons, passes vouchers or discounts can be used. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable between days.
To expedite parking and ease traffic on Granby Street we will be utilizing additional parking areas as needed. Please be prepared to park in alternative areas and follow the instructions of the parking attendants and police officers.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience; we’ll see you there!
ZOOBOO VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
Click here if you are interested in volunteering for ZooBoo 2020.
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 October Earth EdVentures
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 October Member Swap
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 Girls Scouts: Badge Virtual Workshop
- October 14, 2020 - November 28, 2020 Explore Tours
- October 31, 2020 Trick or Treat for Conservation