October Earth EdVentures
October 1, 2020
October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020
Looking for an exciting way to engage your learners in science exploration this school year? Whether you’re learning at home or in a classroom, our new Earth Edventures virtual science club is the perfect supplement to your existing science curriculum!
Each month, explore a new natural science topic at your own pace through exclusive animal content, virtual tours through the Zoo, and hands-on STEAM activities to try on your own. We’ll also interview scientists, explore the outdoors, and learn how we can help with ongoing research projects in our communities. Complete each topic to earn digital badges and exclusive rewards!
New content will be posted in the virtual classroom on the first Monday of each month from October to April. Join at any time and complete activities at any pace. Content will remain available through June 1.
“I Will Survive!” (Needs of Living Things)
Upcoming Theme Months:
- November: “Tip of the Iceberg” (Weather and Climate)
- December: “That’s Classified” (Classification)
- January: “The Fast & the Furriest” (Adaptations)
- February: “Connect the Dots” (Interrelationships and Living Systems)
- March: “Dig In!” (Natural Resources, Fossils, and Geology)
- April: “Growing Up Wild” (Life Cycles)
Students, families, and classrooms in any learning setting. This program is recommended for learners ages 6-11 (1-5 grades). Teachers may opt for the Classroom Pack which includes access to monthly content to use with their students – plus a live virtual program with our Zoo educators and animal ambassadors.
Flat-rate pricing for all seven months of content. No monthly fees.
Household Subscription: $30/member, $35/non-member
Classroom Pack: $65 per classroom (up to 35 students), includes
Earth Edventures supports Virginia Standards of Learning, Next Generation Science Standards, and cross-curricular Common Core standards. The program also promotes environmental literacy, inquiry, and stewardship of the natural world. Along the way, learners may safely interact with Zoo educators and other club members in the virtual classroom. Activities are designed for learners of all abilities and can be easily modified for use by teachers. The classroom pack includes a live Zoom session with Zoo educators.
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 October Earth EdVentures
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 October Member Swap
- October 1, 2020 - October 31, 2020 Girls Scouts: Badge Virtual Workshop
- October 14, 2020 - November 28, 2020 Explore Tours
- October 31, 2020 Trick or Treat for Conservation