Zoo To Do 2019Clues for Your Best Zoo To Do
May 29, 2019
The Zoo’s most zooperior event of the year is here! To say we’re bright-eyed and bushy tailed is an understatement. You’ve answered the Call of the Wild, but now what? Whether you’re swinging in with your significant other, galloping in with your BFFs or flying solo, here’s everything you need to know before making your way to Zoo To Do.
- You’re headed to the Virginia Zoo, located at 3500 Granby Street in Norfolk, Va. Parking is free, but Uber or Lyft are great options if you’re planning on partaking in any of the delicious libations we have in store for the evening.
- Monkey around at the party on June 1 from 7 to 10 pm.
- Are you part of the Zoo Member gang? Enjoy an exclusive Members-Only Happy Hour at 6 pm with a free party favor and early access you won’t want to miss. Remember to bring your Virginia Zoo Membership Card or a receipt of membership purchase for early admittance.
- This event is 21+ so have your photo ID on hand. Wine, beer and two signature cocktails will be available for purchase. Bars will accept cash and credit, but the animals are always appreciative of tips in cash.
- Bring cash for this beastly bash! While we feature an electronic bidding system, cash might come in handy for our interactive stations and other fun and intriguing stops along the night. This is a fundraiser after all!
- Bid on our uniquely thrilling Silent Auction items on your phone, including the towering opportunity to name our new female giraffe calf or an adventure trip to Disney. With more than 30 packages to choose from, there’s plenty to fill everyone’s niche. The bidding closes at 9:30, but most packages offer a “buy it now” price if you want to make sure the prize is yours!
- Did someone say 50/50 raffle? Seek out our animal impersonators and their handlers to buy chances to win a cash prize. Half of the profits go to your wallet and the other half to support the Zoo. That’s a win-win. The raffle ends at 8:30, so be sure to buy your tickets early!
- Channel your inner rhino and charge… your phone! This is your lifeline for bidding on auction items and taking pictures to commemorate the night. Share your photos all night long with #vazootodo on social media.
- The suggested attire is creative animal-inspired cocktail, so feel free to accent your best outfit with feathers, quills, spots, stripes, or faux fur or snake skin.
- Come hungry! Feast on unlimited savory and sweet treats throughout the event.
We invite you to explore the plaza, mingle in the World of Reptiles, galivant around the ZooFarm, meet an animal ambassador, interact with our educators and dance the night away to the latest and greatest music from our DJ! Zoo To Do is rain or shine, while some of the event is tented, the World of Reptiles and ZooFarm will provide shelter as well. Come extra prepared with your galoshes as part of your garb. The event begins at 7 pm with your favorite tunes and entertainment throughout; we recommend arriving on-time and ready to release your inner party animal!