ALL ABOARD THE NORFOLK SOUTHERN EXPRESS
Climb aboard the Zoo Train for a fun and informative journey around the Zoo.
Tickets are $2 per rider.
Train tokens may be purchased at the ticket booth and at the train station. Children under 2 years old ride for free and do not need a token.
Zoo Train Facts
- The Zoo train is a 1/3 scale model of a C.P. Huntington steam engine.
- Four coaches can accommodate more than 80 passengers – adults and children.
- The permanent track is 3/4 of a mile long.
- Riders board the train at the Beazley Foundation Station located near the entry plaza.
- The train is ADA compliant – and can accommodate wheelchairs.
- The train does not operate in rain or inclement weather.
- Funds raised from the sales of train tickets support conservation programs and animal exhibit expansion.
- The train has a 4-cylinder engine that is gasoline operated.
- The engine weighs about 6,100 pounds and each coach weighs approximately 2,700 pounds
Daily beginning at 11am with the last ride at 3:30 pm.
The Zoo train will only operate during times that the temperature is above 55 degrees. As always, the train will be closed during inclement weather.
Please call (757) 441-2374 for daily train schedule and departure times.