Twilight Program: Night Howlers
April 8, 2017
April 8, 2017
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
The Virginia Zoo
Ever wonder what happens at the Zoo after dark and the lights go out? Come join us for a nocturnal adventure without the sleepover! Together we’ll learn about the fascinating world of animals through games and activities, meet education animals up close and even hike around the Zoo at night. Participants must be at least 6 years and older and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Saturday, April 8: Night Howlers
Ever wanted to stay up all night and sleep during the day? Nocturnal animals have some unique adaptations that help them navigate the dark. Together we’ll learn about these nocturnal creatures and what makes them different from you and me.
TWILIGHT PROGRAM POLICIES:
Cost: $20/members per person // $30/non-members per person
Virginia Zoo Scout Badges are available for purchase at $3/each
Time: Twilight Programs are scheduled events by the Virginia Zoo from 7-10 pm
Age: All participants must be at least 6 years old. We cannot accommodate special events/requests such as birthday parties, reunions, etc. Maximum 40 participants per night.
SAMPLE TWILIGHT PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- 6:45 pm Check-In
- 7 pm Welcome to the Zoo!
- 7:30 pm Animal Ambassador Presentation
- 8 pm Group Activities
- 9 pm Night Hike Around the Zoo
- 10 pm Guests Check-Out
*Note: schedule subject to change due to weather, animal availability, size of group and type of night program.
GENERAL SCHEDULING INFORMATION:
Twilight Programs are not exclusive to your group and we may book multiple groups in one night. All participants must be preregistered prior to the program. Parents/guardians must accompany participants throughout the program experience. Participants must not exceed a 6:1 ratio of children to adults you are supervising.
How to reserve your spot:
Click here to purchase online or by calling Judy Totten at 757.441.2374, ext. 229
What to Bring:
- Refillable water bottle is encouraged and can be refilled throughout the program. We do not allow outside food or beverages (except water) on Zoo grounds.
- Weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable closed-toe shoes are also recommended.
- Smoking is not permitted on zoo grounds and is prohibited throughout the program.
- Twilight Programs are held rain or shine.
- The Virginia Zoo reserves the right to cancel or change any program.
- Programs that have not met the minimum number of participants within the week of the program may be canceled. In the event that we cancel your program, a full refund will be issued and individuals will be contacted directly.
- Twilight Program cancellations must be received at least 7 days prior to the program to receive a partial refund of 80%. No refunds will be given for programs canceled less than 7 days before the date.
CHECK OUT May’s TWILIGHT PROGRAM:
Friday, May 12: Virginia ZSI: Zoo Science Investigations
Become crime scene investigators as we examine the evidence and clues of a mystery suspect animal. We’ll piece together the animal’s signs and tracks and work towards identifying the culprit in this night of investigative fun. Reserve your spot here.