Have you ever wondered what happens at the Zoo after it closes? Venture into the unknown with us during an overnight Zoo Snooze and share the night life with our animals. We offer Scout, birthday and organization snoozes. Activities include a live animal presentation, a nature hike at night through the zoo, behind-the-scenes tours, wildlife games, and more. A light breakfast is provided in the morning.
Don’t miss this brand new, limited-time only snooze:
Wild Winters! Winter need not be a time for hibernation! Join the Zoo for a special winter-themed snooze and discover how animals survive when the weather turns chilly. Enjoy science activities, a night hike through the Zoo, and meet a few animal ambassadors that might think winter is the best time of year.
Scout Zoo Snooze:
- Daisies and Brownies: My Own Backyard
- Juniors and Cadettes: Wildlife Sleuth
- Have you wondered what biologist do when researching animals in the wild? Experience real world techniques wildlife biologists use in the field during this hands on snooze.
- Girl Scouts-mixed ages (combined ranks): Rainforest Rendezvous
- Explore the depths of the world’s rainforest and find out why they are so important and what you can do to protect them and the animals that call the rainforest home.
Check this page soon for new topics inspired by the new Guides to Girl Scouting!
- Cub Scouts – mixed ages (combined ranks): Nature Explorer
- Explore the natural world during this fun filled night at the zoo
With advance notice, we can even customize a program that fits your needs.
We are now accepting Scout snooze reservations for 2014/2015 school year!
Snoozes are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and require $350.00 minimum payment to reserve the date.
- 35 maximum participants
There is a minimum charge of $350, which must be made to secure the date.
Refund Policy Snooze cancellations must be received at least three weeks before the snooze date to receive a partial refund of 80%. No refunds will be given for a snooze cancelled less than three weeks before the reserved date.
Bring appropriate clothing for the weather, nutritional snacks and drinks, sleeping bags, pajamas, toothbrush and flashlight. Participants must have dinner prior to the start of the program. Dinner and snacks are not provided; however, breakfast is provided in the morning.
For more information or available dates, call (757) 441-2374, ext. 229 or e-mail.