School Discovery Programs
School’s in Session – at the Zoo!
Learning comes to life in Norfolk’s most exciting classroom. Zoo school programs provide a hands-on, brains-on opportunity for students in all grade levels to learn about animals and conservation. Zoo school programs are more than just a field trip; they are a memorable, fun and highly educational way to explore science.
Each program includes:
• Up close animal encounters
• Interactive science lessons aligned to Virginia’s Standards of Learning
• Admission to the Zoo for the day for students and chaperones
Zoo school programs fit curriculum requirements in North Carolina and private schools, too.
Or – go beyond the classroom walls, and book a guided tour for your school group to explore the Zoo with an animal expert.
If you can’t come to the Zoo, we’ll come to you. Most school programs can be brought to your site.
To arrange a program:
- Choose 3-5 possible dates
- Print and fill out the registration form
- Submit your form according to the instructions on the form
- When your program is scheduled you will receive a confirmation by email
For more information about school programs, contact the Education Department at 757.441.2374 (229) or email.