VIRGINIA ZOO UPDATED OPERATIONS
Here at the Virginia Zoo, we want to ensure all guests have a fun, safe, and memorable experience every time they visit. The Virginia Zoo is open with a few slight modifications. Take a look at what you can expect on your next Zoo visit.
NEW HOURS (AS OF APRIL 12, 2021):
Open daily from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
SAFETY PROTOCOLS & PROCEDURES
MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING:
- Based on the recently announced guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the Virginia Zoo is As of August 3, 2021, in accordance to the mandate set by the city of Norfolk, masks are required to be worn by those ages 5 and up in all city buildings, which includes the following locations at the Virginia Zoo:
- Gift Shop
- Zoo Train (in line and on the train): Physical distance cannot be maintained
- World of Reptiles
- Membership Office
- Refusal to wear a mask at the specified locations can be grounds for dismissal from the park.
PROGRAMS, TOURS, ETC.
- Some programs will require masks. Participants will be notified at the time of registration and that information will be clearly available on our website.
- Masks are required for staff and participants in education programs that include children under 12 (in accordance with the governor’s guidelines for schools).
- Masks are required for everyone on indoor behind-the-scenes tours, regardless of vaccination status.
- Keeper Chats, ZooLive! Stage presentations and other animal programs are currently unavailable.
- The World of Reptiles is open, but may be closed at various times due to ongoing construction. Please call or email to confirm if this exhibit space is open to the public. Masks are required inside the building.
WHAT IS OPEN:
- Membership Office, the Gift Shop, Stroller Shack and the Zoo Train
- Dining: The African Village Cafe, Dippin Dots and Snack Shack is open daily. The Beastro is open on the weekends.
- Play areas: Run Wild: Nature Discovery Zone, the Enrichment Playground, Snavely and the Plaza Fountains
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and animals, the Virginia Zoo is following these procedures until further notice:
- A limited number of entries allowed per day at timed intervals
- No-contact entry with online, advanced reservations
- Sanitizer stations located throughout the park, including food locations
- Increased cleaning procedures
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ page for more details.