Join our educators and explore the zoo like never before. Each virtual tour lasts for 45 minutes and is aligned with curriculum standards. Tours are available for every grade level (and even adults and seniors!) and can also be adjusted to fit your learning objectives. This program only includes a live tour of the Virginia Zoo and the animals that live there; it does not include an animal encounter like you would experience in a virtual classroom program.
Pricing: $45 per program
Program Length: 45 minutes
- Adaptations – What is camouflage? Why do some animal sleep during the day? This program will reveal the physical and behavioral adaptations that animals use to survive.
- Animal Groups – Is it a mammal, reptile, bird or amphibian? During this program students will explore how scientists classify animals into different groups.
- Habitats – From the rainforests of Africa to the deserts in Australia, explore the different habitats that animals call home.
- Zoo Careers – Discover what it takes to care for the furry, feathery, and scaly friends that call the Virginia Zoo home.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? Let us know! We may be able to cover a topic that isn’t listed above.