Zoo EventsEnjoy Breakfast with the Animals
March 7, 2019
Breakfast with the Animals is one of the Zoo’s most popular events of the year. Why? It’s an exclusive opportunity to enjoy breakfast at the Zoo and then watch the animals eat their breakfast too! The before-hours event offers Zoo fans the chance to see the animals come onto exhibit, which typically happens before the Zoo opens, explore their yards and then eat, smash or play with their breakfast treats. With each animal enrichment, Zoo Crew volunteers will also be dishing out interesting facts about the animals and you might even meet Keepers who care for these animals day-in and day-out!
This once-a-year event has traditionally been held in August, but this year we’re switching things up and holding the event on April 6, from 8 to 10 am. This way, guests will certainly beat the heat and humidity that August usually brings. Plus, the Australia Walkabout will be open on the weekends, beginning with Breakfast with the Animals.
Even more, there will be animal ambassador meet and greets, a breakfast buffet and ticket holders have all-day access to the Zoo. Tickets are already selling fast, so buy yours today!
Cost: Members: Adults (18+): $15, Children (5-17): $10, Under 5: $5. Non-members: Adults (18+): $25, Children (5-17): $15, Under 5: $5
BREAKFAST MENU INCLUDES:
- Breakfast sandwiches (a variety of sausage, bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches)
- Hash browns
- Assorted Cereals
- Assorted Mini Muffins/Pastries
- Assorted Juices, Coffee and Water
- 8:15 am: Red Panda (main pathway) • Red River Hog • Australia
- 8:45 am: Giraffe • Meerkat • Siamang • Farm
- 9:15 am: Cheetah • Aldabra Tortoise • Sun Bear • Rhino Hornbill
- 9:45 am: Farm • Tapir • Rhino • Tiger