PLAN YOUR DAY AT THE ZOO
- Reservations for programs or guided school tours are required and can be made by submitting a printed registration form by fax or mail. If necessary you may call 757.441.2374 (229) with clarifying questions related to the form.
- After scheduling your program or guided school tour, you will receive a confirmation.
- To avoid the busy season, March through June, schedule your visit between September and February.
- If you do not wish to include an education program or guided school tour in your Zoo visit, you do not need to make prior reservations with the Education Department, but please follow the procedures for scheduling a Self-Guided Field Trip.
- If you need to cancel a program, please contact the Education Department as soon as possible at 757.441.2374 (229).
- Our programs are held rain or shine and will only be canceled by the Zoo in cases of extreme weather.
LENGTH OF STAY
- Allow at least two hours for your Zoo visit.
- Students may need additional time to complete educational activities.
- Please bring one chaperone for every 10 students. This chaperone will be admitted free to the Zoo.
- Chaperones should remain with students at all times to ensure an enjoyable visit for all Zoo patrons.
- During the busier months, March through June, a greeter will meet you at the entrance and instruct your bus driver where to unload your students and park the bus.
- Outside food is not permitted in the Zoo. Please plan to store your lunches on your bus and eat lunch in Lafayette Park after your Zoo visit.
- For information regarding table reservations and fees in Lafayette Park, call Norfolk City Recreation, Parks, and General Services at 757.441.5834.
- If you would like to re-enter the Zoo, please notify the ticket booth as you exit.