2018 Calendar Photo Contest
The 2018 Contest is now closed. Stay tuned for the winners very soon!
The Digital Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old.
Two entries per person totaling a max of 8 photo submissions will be allowed. A person submitting more than the allowable two entries (8 photos) will be disqualified.
The Photo Contest begins at 10:00am EST on August 1, 2017 and ends at 5:00pm EST on September 30, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Photo Contest.
WHAT TO ENTER
To ensure eligibility for the contest, please submit files no larger than 8MB at the time of entry. Higher resolution files of at least 240 dpi/ppi will be requested should an entry be selected. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license. You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously upon request.
The following submissions are ineligible:
- Photographs of children, adults, buildings or infrastructure.
- Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer.
- Images that involve putting any individual or animal in danger.
- Images taken more than one year prior to the beginning date of the Contest (August 1, 2016).
The Virginia Zoo shall determine entry eligibility in its sole and absolute discretion.