Membership year consists of 12 months from the time you join. When you visit the Zoo, simply present your membership card and valid photo ID. Please remember that your membership card is non-transferable and, where applicable, members must accompany guests. Military, First Responders and Senior memberships must be purchased in person at the Zoo’s Membership Office with a valid, government-issued photo ID to receive discounts.
Your membership card should be ready for you to pick up at the Membership Office 10 to 15 business days after you join. However, you can start using your membership benefits right away! Your online payment receipt or the receipt you received when you purchased your membership at the Zoo will act as your temporary pass until you pick up your permanent cards at the Membership Office.
All membership levels receive the following:
- Free admission
- Quarterly newsletter, The Virginia Zoo Review
- 10% discount at the gift shop and the restaurant
- Invitations to member-only events and discounts to other Zoo events
- Free or discounted admission to over 125 other zoos and aquariums nationwide
- & other exclusive monthly benefits, including membership swaps!