Party for the Planet
April 22, 2018
April 22, 2018
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Virginia Zoo
Celebrate Earth Day and the animals that share our planet at the Virginia Zoo! Enjoy animal presentations on the ZooLive! stage, chat with Zoo staff while learning about eco-friendly enrichment for the animals or stop by a conservation talk featuring some of the Zoo’s projects taking place around the world. With educational activities scheduled throughout the event, this year’s Party for the Planet will be a learning celebration for all ages.
Location: Virginia Zoo
Time: 10 am to 2 pm
Cost: FREE with regular paid Zoo admission
- We’ll be collecting donations for critically endangered Radiated tortoises. After a recent confiscation of nearly 11,000 Radiated tortoises, help is needed to save them from dehydration, malnutrition, and illness. All the funds will be donated to the Turtle Survival Alliance.
- The Zoo will be going straw-free in observance of Earth Day. Single-use plastic straws are one of the most common debris items found on our beaches and in our waterways during cleanups. Americans use and throw away approximately 500,0000,000 single-use plastic straws every day. Plastic straws will no longer be available at the Zoo after Earth Day, instead, guests can use paper straws or purchase reusable straws.
- Zoo staff and volunteers participated in a Plastics Challenge in April! What does this mean and what were the results? Find out at one of the Zoo’s Education pop-ups!
- May 26, 2018 - September 2, 2018 Member Mornings
- July 1, 2018 - July 31, 2018 July Membership Swap
- July 23, 2018 - July 27, 2018 Summer Safari Camp – 3rd-5th grades
- July 23, 2018 - July 27, 2018 Summer Safari Camp – Kindergarten
- July 24, 2018 Edventure Program: Junior Science Explorers