Endangered Species Day
May 28, 2016
May 28, 2016
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
May 20 is Endangered Species Day! AZA-accredited zoos and aquariums fund over 2650 conservation projects in over 130 countries and spend upwards of $160 million dollars annually on conservation initiatives and education to give animals the helping hand they desperately need.
Here’s how you can help on this very important day:
- Visit: Zoos and aquariums are some of the best places for you and your family to get connected to nature and become engaged in conservation action.
- Volunteer: Our volunteers do very important work and make a huge difference. Sign up to help!
- “Adopt” an animal or make a donation: Your contribution helps with animal care and enrichment as well as conservation work. From goats, to snakes, bears and more, adopt an animal to support it’s conservation.
The Zoo will host an event May 28 from 11am to 2pm and will take place at the Animal Wellness Campus. There will be discovery carts, crafts, keeper chats, buttons and more. Also, Paramount will be on-site this giving out FREE tickets to see the new TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF SHADOWS movie. Come grab them while you can!
See you there!
- November 18, 2017 - December 31, 2017 Dickens Christmas Towne
- November 21, 2017 Season's Feedings
- December 2, 2017 Pancakes, Paws & Santa Claws
- December 6, 2017 Wreath Havoc
- December 8, 2017 Winter Zoovies: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation