Girl Scout Badge Nights:
The cost for Badge Night is $15 per participant (adults and scouts). Click here to register! (Badges will not be supplied at the program. Troops are responsible for obtaining their own badges)
Wildlife Sleuth Badge Night
Friday, May 15, 2015 6pm-9pm
Have you ever wondered how wildlife biologists study animals in the wild? Join the Virginia Zoo and other scouts to see if you have what it takes to be a wildlife biologist. Scouts will earn a Virginia Zoo patch.
Overnight Zoo Snoozes:
Scouts will earn a special Virginia Zoo participation patch!
Zoo Patches Available for Girl Scouts:
- Daisies and Brownies: My Own Backyard
- Discover the wild in your own backyard while learning what you can do to help provide asafe place for your neighborhood animal friends
- Juniors and Cadettes: Wildlife Sleuth
- Have you wondered what biologist do when researching animals in the wild? Experience real world techniques wildlife biologists use in the field during this hands on snooze.
- Girl Scouts-mixed ages (combined ranks): Rainforest Rendezvous
- Explore the depths of the world’s rainforest and find out why they are so important and what you can do to protect them and the animals that call the rainforest home.
Check this page soon for new topics inspired by the new Guides to Girl Scouting!
Zoo Snoozes Available for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts:
- Cub Scouts – mixed ages (combined ranks): Nature Explorer
- Explore the natural world during this fun filled night at the zoo
With advance notice, we can even customize a program that fits your needs.
Snoozes are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and require $350.00 minimum payment to reserve the date.
- 35 maximum participants
There is a minimum charge of $350, which must be made to secure the date.
What to Bring for Overnight Snoozes:
Bring appropriate clothing for the weather, nutritional snacks and drinks, sleeping bags, pajamas, toothbrush and flashlight. Participants must have dinner prior to the start of the program. Dinner and snacks are not provided; however, breakfast is provided in the morning.
For more information or available dates, call 757.441.2374 (229) or e-mail.
Refund Policy: Snooze cancellations must be received at least three weeks before the snooze date to receive a partial refund of 80%. No refunds will be given for a snooze cancelled less than three weeks before the reserved date.