Scout Zoo Snooze:
Girl Scout Badges | Cub and Boy Scout Badges | Reservations
Cost | What to Bring
Have you ever wondered what happens at the Zoo after it closes? Venture into the unknown with us during an overnight Zoo Snooze and share the night life with our animals. We offer Scout, birthday and organization snoozes. Activities include a live animal presentation, a nature hike at night through the zoo, behind-the-scenes tours, wildlife games, and more. A light breakfast is provided in the morning.
Scouts will earn a special Virginia Zoo participation patch!
Zoo Patches Available for Girl Scouts:
- Daisies and Brownies: My Own Backyard
- Discover the wild in your own backyard while learning what you can do to help provide asafe place for your neighborhood animal friends
- Juniors and Cadettes: Wildlife Sleuth
- Have you wondered what biologist do when researching animals in the wild? Experience real world techniques wildlife biologists use in the field during this hands on snooze.
- Girl Scouts-mixed ages (combined ranks): Rainforest Rendezvous
- Explore the depths of the world’s rainforest and find out why they are so important and what you can do to protect them and the animals that call the rainforest home.
Check this page soon for new topics inspired by the new Guides to Girl Scouting!
Zoo Patches Available for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts:
- Cub Scouts - mixed ages (combined ranks): Nature Explorer
- Explore the natural world during this fun filled night at the zoo
With advance notice, we can even customize a program that fits your needs.
The scout programs above can be booked through June 14, 2014.
Snoozes are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and require $350.00 minimum payment to reserve the date.
- 35 maximum participants
There is a minimum charge of $350, which must be made to secure the date.
Snooze cancellations must be received at least three weeks before the snooze date to receive a partial refund of 80%. No refunds will be given for a snooze cancelled less than three weeks before the reserved date.
What to Bring:
Bring appropriate clothing for the weather, nutritional snacks and drinks, sleeping bags, pajamas, toothbrush and flashlight. Participants must have dinner prior to the start of the program. Dinner and snacks are not provided; however, breakfast is provided in the morning.
For more information or available dates, call (757) 441-2374, ext. 229 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.